I read a lot. Followers of this blog have probably realised that. However, because I have such a long To-Be-Read pile, I don’t always have the chance to go back and reread books. So this is my list of the Top 10 books I want to reread (at some point!):
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding – I read this book for GCSE English Literature and didn’t particularly like it. It wasn’t the story, I think it was just the teacher and having to read it and analyse it so slowly. I’m hoping to reread this again just to see whether my opinion of it has changed at all.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling – This is really for the whole series. Having visited the film studios, I’ve wanted to reread the series that have been a huge part of my life.
- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse – I read this a couple of years ago after watching the TV series, but I’ve never got round to reading the other two books. Before I do that though, I know I’ll need to reread this book to refresh my memory.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett – This is possibly one of my favourite children’s books ever. I’m not sure when I last read it, but I have fond memories of it and I want to relive it.
- The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor – I read this book a long time ago and I can’t remember really what happens. All I could remember was that it was based around Alice in Wonderland but was set in Victorian London. I’ve literally just had to Google it to find the name of the book. And going on what it says on Amazon… it’s a trilogy. I probably should buy them at some point.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan – I can’t really remember the finer details of this book, just the overall plot. I remember enjoying it (and being surprised as I hated Enduring Love) and I’d like to refresh my memory
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo – Mum mentioned how Michael Morpurgo turned like 71 in October and I was shocked. I hadn’t realised he was so old! I started reading his books in Year 5 (thanks Mrs Leggett!) and I went through a phase of only choosing his books to read out of the library. Private Peaceful made me cry and I think I’d like to read it again. Actually, I’d just like to buy all of his books and have a Michael Morpurgo collection… If anyone wants to buy me any presents…?
- Jumping to Confusions by Liz Rettig – Okay, so this is a book for teenagers. I don’t really care. I think I borrowed it from the library so I only read it the once, but the story has always stuck with me and I’d just like to read it again.
- The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge – This was made into a film a while back? I haven’t seen that though. I probably read this when I was about 11 and I don’t recall another time reading it, so why not? I can just add it to the growing pile of books I want to read/reread
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White – Another classic children’s book. One that I don’t think I read until I was a teenager. I just think I should reread this.
What books do you want to reread? Feel free to comment 🙂