So I’ve been AWOL for a few weeks. I’ve been working over the Easter holidays, and I’ve not had a lot of time to just relax and blog. When I’ve not been earning money, I’m supposed to have been working on uni assignments but I spent a lot of time asleep (working 9 hour shifts is exhausting… especially when starting at 7am!).
Anyway, on with the list…
- Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series – When I turned 11, I was gutted not to receive my Hogwarts letter. Even though I knew it was fictional, I still hoped. I would love to go into the Harry Potter world and experience it all. (Unfortunately, if I went in 2005 when I actually turned 11, Draco Malfoy would be quite a bit older than me, and Scorpius wouldn’t have been born so no Malfoys for me!)
- Narnia from The Chronicles of Narnia – Narnia has always held a special place in my heart. Not only was it part of my childhood, as a Christian it’s more than simply another fictional place. It’s a place where you got to meet Aslan and it was just pretty amazing!
- Rivendell from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings – Beautiful location. Waterfalls. Elves. Orlando Bloom (and yes, I’m aware he’s a wood elf but that’s not the point right now). Yeah, I could live with visiting Rivendell.
- The Shire from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings – Why wouldn’t you want to visit here? It just sounds so lovely and peaceful, and I think that everyone would be pretty welcoming!
- Gondor from Lord of the Rings – I’ve realised this is the third place from Lord of the Rings. They’re all so different though! And Gondor, after Aragorn is king, just looks amazing and sounds like it would be such a nice place to live.
- The Garden from The Secret Garden – It always sounded so magical! And reading it as a child, it was somewhere that I could escape to. I know that Yorkshire is real, but visiting this garden and making friends with Mary, Colin and Dicken (mainly Dicken as he was a wonder with animals) would have been pretty awesome!
- Tree Hill from One Tree Hill – I love One Tree Hill so visiting would be pretty cool! I think I’d have liked to have gone to high school with them all, as I definitely prefer the first four series to the later ones!
- Kirrin from The Famous Five – I’m surprised I’m not sick of this place after doing my dissertation on the books but it sounded so picturesque, and it really was idyllic. Whenever I used to go to Cornwall, I felt like I was in the Famous Five.
- Cafe Musain from Les Miserables – Sure, I’d be part of the resistance for the June Rebellion, and therefore, if I actually took part I’d probably die, but I think it’d be really interesting to be there when a meeting was taking place.
- Genovia from The Princess Diaries – So, Grandmere would probably be annoying all of the time, but it’s basically a place somewhere near the Mediterranean with a good climate. I could spend time getting a suntan. And if Mia invited Michael and other good-looking boys over, it’d give me something to observe whilst sunbathing!
I was aiming to do all of these from books, but Tree Hill crept in there. And I’m aware I’ve got three different locations from Middle-Earth. But I couldn’t put Middle-Earth as I don’t particularly want to visit Mordor.